The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) adopted rules in August 2012 for UST systems to have designated and trained texas Class A, Class B, and Class C UST operators. Each Texas UST facility must have at least one named individual certified for each class of UST operator — Classes A, B, and C . One person may hold more than one operator UST operator classification. During hours of operation, at least one certified UST operator must be present at the facility at all times.
- A Texas Class A UST Operator has the primary responsibility of ensuring the proper operation and maintenance of a UST system. This role is typically filled by the facility owner, or a manager who acts in the capacity of managing resources and personnel .
- A Texas Class B UST Operator has the primary responsibility of implementing all applicable requirements of these regulations in the field, including day-to-day aspects of the operation and maintenance of the UST system. These responsibilities include a detailed knowledge of all the components listed above for a Class A operator. Also, the designated Class B operator for a facility must ensure that all Class C operators at that facility receive the required training. This role is typically filled by the facility manager, or a person with technical expertise.
- A Texas Class C UST Operator of a UST system must be trained in both general and facility-specific emergency-response procedures. Class A and Class B operators are responsible for maintaining the emergency procedures on-site for easy access by Class C operators. This role is typically filled by the facility clerks.
- UST Operator Training is required by federal law and is to ensure that owners and operators of underground storage tanks understand how to operate and maintain UST systems properly.
- As mandated by the EPA, all UST operators must be trained by October 13, 2018.
- Approved Texas TCEQ Class A and Class B Training Provider
- Class A/B - 4hr: $150
- Class C - 1hr only $10! (Class C available in Spanish also)
- 10% OFF SALE: Enter Code "train10off" at Checkout
Texas Class A and Class B operators must complete a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) approved operator training course or process. We are an approved TCEQ Class A and Class B Training Provider – 360Training.com Reseller.
Chapter 334, Subchapter N – Operator Training – Rule §334.605
Certified Class A and Class B Operators must be re-trained within three years of their last training date. Certified Class C operators must be re-trained within three years of their last training date.
If an underground storage tank (UST) facility receives a notice of violation and the agency determines that the UST facility is in significant noncompliance, the designated Class B operators for that UST facility, must attend either a Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) approved compliance class that addresses the noted non-compliant areas or an acceptable operator training course as specified in §334.603 of this title, within the time frame specified by the TCEQ for that violation. As a result of the retraining of Class A operators or Class B operators, subsequent re-training of the Class C operators shall also occur. Voluntary refresher training is encouraged to ensure operator is up-to-date with current regulations and procedures.
- Texas Administrative Code, Title 30, Part 1, Chapter 334, Subchapter N – Operator Training – Rule §334.605 – Operator Training Frequency
- Training for Underground Storage Tank Operators: A guide for owners and operators of USTs (RG-475o)
- Texas UST Compliance Notebook