UST Operator Class A/B & C Training & Certification Courses
National provider of Underground Storage Tank (UST) Owner/Operator Class A/B & C training courses.
100% Online | Live 24×7 Support | Money-Back Guarantee!
UST Operator Training Mandated by the EPA
In 2015, the EPA established minimum training requirements for designated Class A, Class B, and Class C operators and mandated that all UST Operators in all states were to be trained by October 13, 2018. If you work at a facility (gas station, convenience store, etc.) with an underground storage tank, you will need to take UST operator training based on your job responsibilities:
- Class A training is required for person(s) having primary responsibility for on-site operation and maintenance of UST systems (owner or operator of a UST facility).
- Class B training is required for persons involved with daily on-site operation and maintenance of UST systems.
- Class C training is required for daily on-site employees having primary responsibility for addressing emergencies presented by a spill or release from a UST system.
After this date, new Class A and Class B UST operators must be trained within 30 days of assuming duties. Class C operators must be trained before assuming duties. Note: States may require additional requirements and mandatory certification earlier – choose your state here.
What is UST owner and operator training?
Operator training is a three-tiered training program (Class A, Class B, and Class C) for the operation of Underground Storage Tanks (USTs). The training is required by federal law, and is intended to ensure that those who own and operate underground tanks understand how to operate and maintain UST systems properly.
Whether you are becoming certified for the first time or just need to recertify, you will get the regulatory information you need to stay current with your State’s UST requirements and help your clients or employer avoid potential penalty liability.
UST Class A/B Course Summary
- The UST Class A/B operator training course is presented in chapters. Each chapter utilizes multimedia to enrich the learning experience. Each chapter is followed by a quiz. If the student answers a quiz question incorrectly, the quiz feedback redirects the student to the correct course information.
- In addition to the quizzes, the UST Class A/B operator training course includes a final exam of 100 questions, 80% of which must be answered correctly in order to print a certificate.
- There is not any time restriction to access the course, so students can complete the entire course in a single session (approximately 4 hours plus exam time) or take the course in segments.
UST Class C Course Summary
- The UST Class C operator training course consists of seven chapters. Each chapter is followed by a short quiz. Once a student has completed all chapters and quizzes, the learner will be directed to print out a course checklist.
- The course is instructed through a student orientation tour of a mock facility, where a manager (or Class B Operator) will identify and explain each topic and then mark them off a checklist when completed. When the checklist has been completed, the student can then print the UST Class C operator certificate.
- There is not any time restriction to access the course, so students may take as much time as needed to complete their training.